The Technician II position will generally assist in the repair and diagnosis of major components or remove/replace major components of various truck and heavy equipment at the direction of Lead Technician or Maintenance Supervisor. Expectations include the ability to diagnose and
repair the following with little or no supervision: Clutches, PTO Systems, Electric Systems, Hydraulic/ Air Brake systems, Heating / Air Conditioning Systems, Instruments and Gauges, and Preventive Maintenance Service.
Full Time /Day Shift, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (must be willing to work overtime including weekends)
- Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of - with some assistance: Engines (gas and diesel), Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators, AC systems, Steering systems, Electronics to include ECM's, ECU's, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems, Suspension systems (spring and air)
- Capable of lifting 60lbs and able to climb on and off all machines
- Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of equipment.
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
- Perform all levels of repairs and preventive maintenance services on truck and heavy equipment
- Identify warrantable needs and repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety appropriate to the customer’s needs
- Road test Vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting symptoms and faults of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Willingness to work, as needed, in underground mining environments
- 2 - 4 years of practical experience with diesel/heavy equipment maintenance required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree preferred
- MSHA certified, A/C certified
- Vocational/Technical or certification considered
- Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components preferred
- Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the service area to include (customer’s yards, underground mining operations close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete RoadBuilders Machinery and Supply employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg
- Must be able to read and comprehend specifications, service and parts literature, technical bulletins and other related publications
- Must have the ability to read technical drawings, hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Must be able to communicate thoughts and ideas both written and verbally
- Must have pleasant and positive customer service attitude
- Knowledge of a variety of heavy duty manufacturers and equipment is a plus, with some examples; Komatsu, Bomag, Terex Fuchs, Metso, Finn, NPK, Tamrock, Takeuchi and other general equipment
- Must be willing to travel for training and to perform repairs in the field and in underground mining operations as needed. Travel could be by land or by air.
Full Company benefits package including medical, life, dental, vision, vacation, and 401(K).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY