The Service Advisor is the liaison between customers and the repair technicians. Candidate will maintain accurate and on-time reports and records relative to the service department’s operation within the dealership. Assure that all charges related to work orders are posted properly. Assure all work orders are closed on a timely basis. Candidate will process warranty and Product Improvement Claims. Candidate must conduct themselves in the presence of customers in a manner that promotes a positive image of the company. Capable of lifting 60lbs and able to climb on and off all machines
Essential functions include:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Write up customer’s equipment problems accurately and clearly on repair order.
- Calculate job estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials and labor.
- Prepare, open, maintain and close repair orders.
- Pre-audit all equipment coming in for service to check for open campaigns, bulletins, warranty coverage’s, etc. and get customer’s approval to complete required updates from OEM.
- Review all shop retail WO’s for conditions or repairs that could be warranty.
- Ensure all photographs are taken for warranty documentation.
- Coordinate with warranty department to ensure all parts stock is maintained.
- Coordinate urgent repairs with service dispatcher (shop or field)
- Monitor length of time technicians are on current task
Human Resource Role:
- Maintain an effective work order control system for scheduling and accounting of all work performed in the shop.
- Counsel team members about work-related issues and ensure improved job-skill deficiencies.
Customer Service Role:
- Answer incoming phone calls and greet walk-in Service Department customers in a timely and friendly manner.
- Schedule service appointments. (Obtain customer and equipment data prior to arrival when possible).
- Explain work and all charges to customer
- Refer to service history, Komtrax data, inspect the equipment, and recommend
additional services needed.
- Periodically communicate with customers to monitor customer relations and understand their needs both by phone and in-person at job sites or customer’s businesses if necessary.
- Ensure quality of service on all machines worked on.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our clients.
- Call on customers to determine customer satisfaction and ensure we are exceeding their needs.
- Receive payment or obtain credit authorization.
- Monitor hours logged on a job to ensure the hours are in line with estimate or with the work being performed on that job.
- Maintain good housekeeping discipline to ensure a clean and safe working environment.
- Enforce all safety rules and practices for working on or operating equipment and see that all tools and equipment are maintained in safe operating condition.
In order to be considered for this position, you must have at least mechanical aptitude to discuss problems and repairs with customers and team members. Candidate must have proven management experience. Experience with diesel engines, hydraulics and electrical. Basic computer skills required.
- Basic computer experience
- Franchise Dealer experience
- Heavy equipment industry experience
- Current CDL is a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Competitive Compensation Package including Health Insurance, 401(k), and paid holidays
- At least 2 years of retail Service Advisor/Writer experience in automotive, trucking or heavy equipment industry.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Basic Computer skills: must be able to write up customers’ needs and concerns in order to effectively communicate with shop foreman and technicians.
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must have effective listening and communication skills in order to assist customers professionally in person or by phone.
- Applicants must pass background check and drug screen
- Strong personal organizational skills as they relate to workload, time management and setting priorities in an unsupervised environment
Must be open to periodic travel, either by automobile or by plane and available to be away from home overnight.
Full Benefits package to include, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, earned Vacation and paid Short Term Disability.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY